Ellen is the CEO and founder of EBG Consulting. She is the author of Requirements by Collaboration, The Software Requirements Memory Jogger, and most recently Discover to Deliver (with Mary Gorman). Ellen is a world-renowned writer, speaker, and trainer with a passion for improving agile product ownership.
In this episode you’ll discover:
- Why discovery is just as important as delivery
- The importance of providing context to agile teams
- How companies are moving towards product centric thinking
- What team can do to maximize discovery
Links from the show:
- It’s the Goal, Not the Role by Ellen Gottesdiener and Mary Gorman
- Products, Not Projects
- Discover to Deliver Book Site and Resources
- Ellen’s Keynote from the Path to Agility Conference 2016
Question: Which discoveries have enabled you to deliver your products successfully? We’d love to hear your success stories in the comments section. You can leave a comment by clicking here.
Want to hear another podcast about product ownership? — Listen to my conversation with Tim Ottinger and Mark Davidson about the role of the Product Owner on episode 22. We discuss #NoEstimates, Product Management, and the concept of “Controlled Disappointment”.
One tiny favor. — Please take 30 seconds now and leave a review on iTunes. This helps others learn about the show and grows our audience. It will help the show tremendously, including my ability to bring on more great guests for all of us to learn from. Thanks!
This podcast is brought to you by Audible. I have used Audible for years, and I love audio books. I have three to recommend:
- Turn the Ship Around: A True Story of Turning Followers in to Leaders by L. David Marquet
- Scrum: The Art of Doing Twice the Work in Half the Time by Jeff Sutherland
- The Lean Startup by Eric Ries
All you need to do to get your free 30-day Audible trial is go to Audibletrial.com/agile. Choose one of the above books, or choose between more than 180,000 audio programs. It’s that easy. Go to Audibletrial.com/agile and get started today. Enjoy!