Dave is the CEO/product owner at Scrum.org. He is a frequent speaker and widely published author of articles and his acclaimed book, Head First Object-Oriented Analysis and Design. He led the development of the Rational Unified Process (RUP) and worked with Ivar Jacobson to run the North American business for IJI. Dave managed the software delivery practice at Forrester research where he was VP and research director. Prior to joining Scrum.org, Dave was chief product officer at Tasktop, where he was responsible for product management, engineering, and architecture.
In this episode you’ll discover:
- Insights into the recent updates to the Scrum Guide
- How the Scrum Guide is updated by Ken Schwaber and Jeff Sutherland
- All the many ways Scrum is used around the world.
Links from the show:
- The Scrum Guide Update Webinar from Scrum.org
- The Scrum Guide Uservoice Site
- The Scrum Guide Revision History
How to Support the Show:
Thank you for your support. Here are some of the ways to contribute that were discussed during this episode:
- Share the show with friends, family, colleagues, and co-workers. Sharing helps get the word out about Agile for Humans
- Rate us on iTunes and leave an honest review
- Join the mailing list – Check out the form on the right side of the page
- Take the survey – totally anonymous and helps us get a better idea of who is listening and what they are interested in
- Techwell events – use the code AGILEDEV when you sign up for Agile Dev East in Orlando, FL November 5th – 10th.
- Leadership Gift Program
- Make a donation via Patreon
Head First Object-Oriented Analysis & Design shows you how to analyze, design, and write serious object-oriented software: software that’s easy to reuse, maintain, and extend; software that doesn’t hurt your head; software that lets you add new features without breaking the old ones.
Click here to purchase on Amazon.
Question: Which topic resonated with you? Please leave your thoughts in the comment section below. You can leave a comment by clicking here.
Want to hear another podcast about the life of an agile coach? — Listen to my conversation with Zach Bonaker, Diane Zajac-Woodie, and Amitai Schlair on episode 39. We discuss growing an agile practice and how coaches help create the environments where agile ideas can flourish.
One tiny favor. — Please take 30 seconds now and leave a review on iTunes. This helps others learn about the show and grows our audience. It will help the show tremendously, including my ability to bring on more great guests for all of us to learn from. Thanks!
Have you ever been stuck on a project with questions or concerns on how best to move forward? Most of us have had a question or need some tips at some point in your career.
Agile software development professionals have a free place to go for answers to their questions. Check out AgileConnection, the free, online community for all things agile. There are tons of free articles to search, interviews with software industry experts, a Q&A forum where you can ask your question and get peer responses, as well as experts, checking in to help you out.
Create a profile and network with other professionals, leave comments on articles, get the weekly newsletter for the latest articles released, access the searchable archive of hundreds of issues of Better Software magazine, and so much more.
AgileConnection is a robust directory of information for anyone using, implementing up, or growing their agile practices. Discover more at https://well.tc/agilecommunity