Andy is one of the 17 authors of the Agile Manifesto. He is the author of 9 books including: The Pragmatic Programmer: From Journeyman to Master (with Dave Thomas), Pragmatic Thinking and Learning: Refactor Your Wetware, and Practices of an Agile Developer: Working in the Real World (with Venkat Subramaniam). Andy publishes books with Dave Thomas at the Pragmatic Bookshelf. He blogs at toolshed.com.
Jared is an agile coach, blogger, and speaker. He is the founder of Agile Artisians and the author of Ship It! – A Practical Guide to Successful Software Projects (with William A. Gwaltney).
Don works with executives and managers to build coherent organizational structures, processes, policies, and goals that allows teams to flourish. He co-teaches one of the top coaching workshops offered globally – Coaching Beyond the Team – with Esther Derby. Don brings both wisdom and humor to his coaching practice.
In this episode you’ll discover:
- What is the Grows Method for Agile Adoption
- How to gradually grow agile in an organization
- What is essential to be agile
- How to get alignment between executives and agile teams
Links from the show:
- The Grows Method
- Coaching Beyond the Team – The next session is in Costa Mesa, California. Use discount code “AgileForHumans” to get the friends and family discount.
- Pragmatic Bookshelf – Use the discount code “AgileForHumans” for 35% off of your next purchase
- The Business of Agile: Better, Faster, Cheaper – Come see me (Ryan Ripley) present at Agile2016
Question: What is your go to method to help people adopt agile? Does the Grows Method fill a gap that you’ve seen in your practice? Let’s discuss! You can leave a comment by clicking here.
Want to hear another podcast about craftsmanship? — Listen to my conversation with Ron Quartel about FAST Agile and bringing craftsmanship back to software development on episode 10. We discuss scrum, extreme programming (XP), and the concept of craftsmanship applied to agile software development.
One tiny favor. — Please take 30 seconds now and leave a review on iTunes. This helps others learn about the show and grows our audience. It will help the show tremendously, including my ability to bring on more great guests for all of us to learn from. Thanks!
This podcast is brought to you by Audible. I have used Audible for years, and I love audio books. I have three to recommend:
- Turn the Ship Around: A True Story of Turning Followers in to Leaders by L. David Marquet
- Scrum: The Art of Doing Twice the Work in Half the Time by Jeff Sutherland
- The Lean Startup by Eric Ries
All you need to do to get your free 30-day Audible trial is go to Audibletrial.com/agile. Choose one of the above books, or choose between more than 180,000 audio programs. It’s that easy. Go to Audibletrial.com/agile and get started today. Enjoy!