Here is the slide deck from my breakout session: Help!!! The Scrum Master *IS* the Impediment!
The change in mindset necessary to become a servant leader is incredibly hard for a scrum master who comes from command and control background. As a newly minted Professional Scrum Master (PSM I), I returned to my team excited and ready to get underway with a scrum adoption. Unfortunately, I had not fully grasped the concept of servant leadership. Instead of being a change agent, I was an impediment.
Below are related posts if you would like more information about this topic:
- HELP!!! The Scrum Master IS the Impediment!
- Scrum Master Heroics Can Hurt Agile Teams
- The Transition from Project Manager to Scrum Master is Hard
- Scrum Master is a Title, Servant Leadership is a Mindset
- Scrum Values Can Make or Break Your Agile Project
I’d appreciate any feedback that you have on this talk. Please feel free to leave a comment or use the “Ask A Question” link to send me a message.