We covered how to establish trust with a new team, how trust impacts the scrum master role, and how easily managers can lose the trust of their teams. Agile coaches can set expectations early and establish an environment of trust through intentional behaviors and follow through.
This is a nuanced discussion that scratched the surface of how large of an impact trust plays on the success of a team.
We also talked about Ryan’s horrible laundry skills…and then we called it a night.
Resources, Plugs, and More
Ryan – https://ryanripley.com
- I’m speaking at the Software Development and Evolution Conference 2015 (SDEC)
Esther – http://www.estherderby.com/
- Coaching Beyond the Team – October 19-20 2015, in Minneapolis, MN
- “What’s the Worst that Could Happen?” via Marc Burgauer (@somesheep)
- “Building Trust: In Business, Politics, Relationships, and Life” by Robert C. Solomon & Fernando Flores
- “Agile Retrospectives: Making Good Teams Great” by Esther Derby & Diana Larsen
- “Behind Closed Doors: Secrets of Great Management” by Johanna Rothman & Esther Derby
Amitai – http://www.schmonz.com/